Why I chose the Crystorama Broche Chandelier for our Basement Living Room
One way or another, we are nearing the finish line in the New Year New Room Refresh Challenge hosted by Stephanie from Casa Watkins Living. Last night we crossed off a major “to-do” item on the list, we hung the Broche Chandelier in the living room section of the basement. I absolutely love it and can’t wait to show you and tell you why we went this route.
Note: Thank you to Crystorama for sponsoring this Broche Chandelier
There are several reasons why I opted for the Broche Chandelier. Let me elaborate.
First, I fell in love with this chandelier many years ago when I first saw it in Shannon Claire Interiors’ home…. Can you blame me?
Image via Shannon Claire Interiors
Classic perfection, right? Well my friends that was 2016 and I have been in love with it ever since.
So why the Broche Chandelier in this room?
1. It has an adjustable height and my basement ceilings are super short. I knew that I could make this bad boy a flush mount if I needed.
2. The scale was good. It’s the right fit for both the room and the coffee table…Which I will reveal all together next Tuesday morning.
3. The Round shape- I have a round coffee table, a curved sofa, and hopefully round art if I can pull it off in time. This circular design was a natural choice
4. Visual heft- I wanted a piece that could stand-up against the busy wallpaper. A found other lovely chandeliers, but they were too dainty.
5. The attention to detail- As you can see in the images, the Broche Chandelier is elaborately designed and intricately crafted. I think these are two points that have added significantly to its style staying-power. For example, the chain is strong but very delicate in form. I haven’t counted the number of leaves, but let me tell you…there are a lot, and they are intricately crafted. Side note: I’ve discovered that the leaves are malleable, so I can go back and adjust their position.
6. The price point- I have made a concerted effort to use budget friendly choices in the basement…It is for a 14 year old girl after all. Sometimes in life, though not always, you can find things that are both affordable and high-end looking. The entire Broche family is a good value for that much style and quality.
The Broche Chandelier exceeded my expectations. The gold is a lovely color (not cheesy in the least bit), the construction is very solid and my basement space is feeling like anything but a basement.
I am anxiously working my way towards the reveal on Tuesday. I can’t wait to show you how this stunning chandelier plays with the other details in the room. Feel free to sign-up below for the email reminder.
I love it! Is this the 519 GA?
It is the #519-GA
Hope that helps! It’s such a pretty fixture!
OBSESSED with that chandelier!! Perfect choice!
Thanks Jordan! We LOVE IT!!!
Hi there! I’m considering using this chandelier in my bedroom. It had 8 foot ceilings. Can you tell me if you used the 30″ version and how high are your ceilings in your basement living room? How long did you make the chain? I assume there are limits as to how short you can go with it, correct?
I have less than 8 foot ceilings in my basement. It is completely adjustable, and the chain came with it. If I wanted to, I could hang it as a flush mount.
Hope that helps ❤️